My most humble apologies for being so out of touch here of late. I promise you it is for a very good reason and that the gold at the end of the rainbow will be worth the wait. Among the important work I have been busy with that has taken me from your world has been the following:
- RELEARNING THE MIXDOWN AND MASTERING PROCESS: I have been spending enormous time and effort working to get my music SOUNDING BETTER. Many thanks to people like Mike Harms at the Exotic Pet Dealers, DJ U9lift, Nick Thayer and Jason "Ground Control" Apple for their aid in this work.
- 15 NEW MOPO TRACKS: The new tracks are better than anything I've ever done. I have not yet decided what to do with them, but you will certainly be the first to know. Those who have seen me live of late have heard a lot of these and they are going over like gangbusters
- REFINING THE "MOPO SHOW" - I now have enough music that I can play damn near entire sets of my own originals, edits and remixes. This is going to be beautiful stuff.
- REFINING THE THEME SETS: Much gratitude to Matt and Scott at the Majestic in Madison Wi for challenging me to turn my James Brown and Talking Heads megamixes into LIVE PERFORMANCES. I have had the honor of performing these sets several times since and the process has been incredibly rewarding. Among the new MoPo tracks are 3 new Talking Heads remixes.
- RE-LAUNCHING SUNSET PROMOTIONS: We've been hard at work not only presenting other artists in San Francisco (www.sunsetpromotions.com) but re-thinking our place in the community after 15 years of hard work. This summer, expect to see many changes, including a new website, branding, artwork and a much more cohesive presence in the Bay Area community.
- LAUNCHING SILENT FRISCO: After years of playing Silent Discos around the US and pushing the concept like an evangelist, I have purchased my own headphones. While I so very much appreciate the support of the Silent Events, Superfly and Koss teams that supplied our headphones in the past, it felt like it was time to get our own and be free to more of these events with more freedom of action. Find out more on our new Facebook Page HERE.
- SF FUNK FESTIVAL is BACK!: Ten years after I quit my day job to launch the first SF Funk Festival, I'm back at work on our 10th Anniversary Festival. This October and November you are going to see the best Funk Fest yet. Already 5 shows are booked and many more to come. Stay tuned at our new Facebook Page while we revamp the website. www.sffunk.net.
- SEA of DREAMS 2011: We are already hard at work to make sure that Sea of Dreams 2011 is the best one yet. Stay tuned at www.seaofdreamsnye.com
- BURNING MAN PROJECTS: I have continued my active involvement with the board of the Janky Barge. We also have the landspeeder running in peak condition and are happily looking forward to an amazing burn.
- LEARNING TO SCUBA DIVE: Perhaps the most important development for me of late has been certification as a SCUBA diver during 2 trips to the Cayman Islands. I can think of no experience in my life that I have found more magical, more fulfilling, or more exciting. I look forward to many adventures to come in this serene and beautiful kingdom.
Whew.... I hope that's enough. If any of you want to reach out to me or if I can do anything to help any of you in any way on your journey through this plane of existence, please don't hesitate to ask.
With love and gratitude to my community.